While SoGlos has become a household name in Gloucestershire since its launch more than 13 years ago, 2020 has cemented its position as the county’s leading media brand – with the chance for an exceptional multimedia journalist to join our passionate team at a particularly exciting time.
Gloucestershire’s leading media brand, SoGlos is influential, targeted and trusted – providing its readers and advertisers with a quality platform across its online magazine, social media channels and email newsletters.
Our large and established readership includes aspirational young professionals, ambitious business owners, active parents and affluent over 50s, who rely on SoGlos for inspiration on living in, working in and enjoying Gloucestershire.
SoGlos’s engaging content spans the hottest places to eat, drink, shop and stay at, iconic sporting venues and independent schools, memorable days out, unmissable events, homes and gardens, luxury wedding venues, as well as modern and accessible business news.
SoGlos is the flagship brand of SoPublishing – an innovative, ambitious and completely independent media company, launched with a mission to revolutionise regional media.
Established in 2007 by two pioneering journalists, SoPublishing has grown to a dynamic team of experts in media, marketing, advertising, design and videography – with offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
We are fiercely passionate about Gloucestershire, fanatical about quality and have ambitious plans for future growth – and we’re a fun bunch of people to work with too.
• Researching and writing a wide variety of engaging lifestyle- and business-focused content marketing and editorial
• Writing for social media channels – specifically Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn – while developing strategies to grow these audiences
• Capturing and editing punchy social media-focused editorial videos and pictures
• Publishing and managing content through SoGlos’s content management system
• Liaising with clients and PRs over the phone, by email and in person
• Understanding SoGlos’s readers and the stories that will engage and excite them
• Exceptional writer with previous experience in a similar media role
• Excellent understanding of digital media and social media
• Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
• Experience of photography, videography and video editing would be a bonus
• Passion for Gloucestershire
• Enthusiastic, quick learner with a mature, can-do attitude
• Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Confident on the phone and in-person
• Experience in a previous client-facing role would be a bonus
• This is a full-time, permanent role
• Starting salary of £22,000 to £25,000, dependent on experience
• In-house training and personal performance reviews
• Full 28 days paid holiday – with an additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
• Flexible working hours and option to work from home each week
• Your birthday off (cakes are on you!)
• Regular team get-togethers
• The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
• Not forgetting free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at email@example.com with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person to join the SoGlos team.
The ideal start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Wednesday 16 September 2020
Cycling in the Forest of Dean has just got better, with Forestry England investing £80,000 and months of hard work into ‘already...
Gloucestershire SMEs hoping for a share of the Covid-19 recovery grants were quick off the mark, with 200 applying to the Growth...
GE Aviation has achieved an Airbus Best Performer accolade for supply chain and quality improvement – with its datalink control...
Business owners, staff and freelancers in the live events industry are being called to join a peaceful demonstration in Cheltenham,...
Sad news for Cheltenham’s independent food scene as Japanese restaurant, Koj, announces it will not be reopening, with the...