While SoGlos has become a firmly established name since its launch more than 13 years ago, 2020 has cemented its position as the Gloucestershire’s leading media brand – with the chance for an experienced sales consultant to join our passionate team at a particularly exciting time.
SoGlos is influential, targeted and trusted – providing its readers and advertisers with a quality platform across its online magazine, social media channels and email newsletters.
Our large and established readership includes aspirational young professionals, active parents, affluent over 50s and ambitious business owners, who rely on SoGlos for inspiration on living in, working in and enjoying Gloucestershire.
SoGlos’s engaging content spans the hottest places to eat, drink, shop and stay at, iconic sporting venues and independent schools, memorable days out, unmissable events, homes and gardens, luxury wedding venues and the most accessible business news in Gloucestershire.
SoGlos is the flagship brand of SoPublishing – an innovative, ambitious and completely independent media company, launched with a mission to reinvent digital regional media.
Established in 2007 by two pioneering journalists, SoPublishing has grown to a dynamic team of experts in media, marketing, advertising, design and videography – with offices on Imperial Square in Cheltenham.
We are fiercely passionate about Gloucestershire, fanatical about quality and have ambitious plans for future growth – and we’re a fun bunch of people to work with too.
• Driving advertising revenue through SoGlos’s new business section, securing high value, long-term advertising contracts.
• Forging relationships with key business, spanning sectors including technology, IT, legal, financial, manufacturing, property and construction – from dynamic start-ups to Gloucestershire’s top 100 firms.
• Sourcing leads through a range of channels, taking charge of your own diary and virtual/field sales appointments, identifying clients’ needs and confidently communicating the proven benefits of advertising with SoGlos.
• Devising creative client campaign ideas incorporating our suite of services – display advertising, content marketing, video and social media support – negotiating and winning contracts, managing and growing your accounts on an ongoing basis.
• Career-driven, motivated individual with extensive experience and success working in a fast-paced B2B new business field sales environment.
• Track record of pitching to senior management, selling over the phone, presenting face-to-face and attending networking events, and overcoming objections.
• Charismatic and pro-active self-starter who enjoys working on your own initiative; outgoing, personable and unwaveringly positive.
• Highly-organised with exceptional attention to detail, and while we’re not looking for techie geeks necessarily, you will be a regular web user who knows Facebook from Instagram!
• An avid interest in Gloucestershire is essential.
• Above all else, you are a driven individual, passionate about your career and someone who gets a real buzz from hunting for sales and achieving results, whilst thriving under the pressure of a target-driven environment.
This is a full-time, permanent role. Part-time will also be considered for the right candidate.
• Starting salary from £30,000, dependent on experience.
• Achievable monthly commission structure and uncapped on-target earnings of £50,000+ per annum.
• In-house training and personal performance reviews.
• Full 28 days paid holiday – with an additional day’s holiday for every year with the company.
• Flexible working hours and option to work from home each week.
• Your birthday off – but the cakes are on you!
• Regular team get-togethers.
• The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ.
• Not forgetting, free fruit!
Email James Fyrne at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person to join the SoGlos team.
The ideal start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Tuesday 29 September 2020
Community Connexions is campaigning for more volunteer drivers to join its cause, providing accessible transport for older,...
Five Gloucestershire organisations have been awarded grants from the government’s Culture Recovery Fund.
Bringing some of the biggest stars to Westonbirt Arboretum, Forest Live returns with an outdoor Madness concert in June 2021.
VisitEngland has awarded Cotswold Tourism project, Uncover the Cotswolds, a share of the government’s £40 million Discover...
The Read With Me project is asking Gloucestershire businesses for an hour of their employees’ time each week, to help local...