Initiated by the online campaign, #clapforourcarers, a second nationwide round of applause will take place at 8pm on Thursday 2 April 2020, and then weekly on Thursday evenings, to thank the brilliant work of the NHS and keyworkers during the Coronavirus crisis – with thousands of households across Gloucestershire expected to join in.
People across the UK are invited to stand on balconies, by windows, in gardens and on doorsteps to applaud the hard work of NHS staff and to signify their gratitude towards the service every Thursday evening at 8pm – with clapping, whistling and plenty of pots and pan-clanging expected.
Hailed a huge success during its first week, on Thursday 26 March 2020, tens of thousands of people up and down the country are estimated to have taken part in the celebration of the NHS, with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, getting involved – posting an Instagram video of their children George, Charlotte and Louis clapping for the NHS.
The nationwide celebration of the NHS staff and keyworkers who are keeping us all going at this hard time is open to anyone and everyone. Get involved…
As part of SoGlos’s #InThisTogetherGlos campaign, we are sharing positive news stories from across Gloucestershire at this tough time, as well as joyful photos taken by readers in our Coronavirus lockdown diary. Share your stories and pictures by using the #InThisTogetherGlos hashtag.
Also see the following SoGlos articles on the Coronavirus crisis in Gloucestershire:
• Practical ways to support Gloucestershires small businesses during the Coronavirus crisis
• Gloucestershire businesses hosting virtual entertainment
• Coronavirus event cancellations and venue closures in Gloucestershire
• Gloucestershire businesses doing something special during the Coronavirus crisis
• Independent Gloucestershire restaurants offering takeaway services during Coronavirus crisis
• Gloucestershire businesses launching beer, wine and gin delivery services
Follow SoGlos on Facebook for the very latest.