Helping Gloucestershire party throwers to be the host with the most, British Polo Gin shares three of its signature cocktail recipes that are easy – and delicious – to make at home this festive season.
Distilled here in the Cotswolds, British Polo Gin and British Polo Double Spiced Rum are both 100 per cent organic, vegan friendly and have some impressive awards under their belts. So, if you’re hosting a Christmas cocktail party this year, give these recipes a try…
How to make an Espresso Gintini with British Polo Gin
British Polo Gin uses its 100 per cent organic London Dry gin for this twist on the classic espresso martini – with the flavour of its delicious gin meaning there’s no need for coffee liqueur.
1. Add 50 millilitres of British Polo Classic Gin, 50 millilitres of freshly brewed espresso and 50 millilitres of sugar syrup to a cocktail shaker – or a jam jar with a lid, if you don’t have a shaker.
2. Drop in four to five ice cubes and shake until the outside of your shaker turns frosty and feels cold to the touch.
3. Pour from a low to a high height through a strainer or sieve into a coupe or martini glass, to give your Espresso Gintini a frothy head.
4. Garnish with three coffee beans and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
How to make the Sloegasm with British Polo Gin
British Polo’s seasonal Sloe Gin is made with sloes foraged from hedgerows in the Cotswolds and works wonderfully in cocktails due to its low syrup content and its warming spice notes of clove, cinnamon and green anise – with the Sloegasm being the perfect way to enjoy it this winter.
1. Pour 25 millilitres of British Polo Sloe Gin into a Champagne glass or coupe.
2. Top up with 100 millilitres of Champagne or prosecco.
How to make the Rumger Sling with British Polo Double Spiced Rum
With core notes of vanilla, orange, cinnamon and ginger, British Polo’s award-winning 100 per cent organic Double Spiced Rum combined with ginger ale makes for an ideal winter warmer – or try it with ginger beer for a fiery way to warm those cockles!
1. Fill a highball glass or tumbler with ice cubes.
2. Pour in 50 millilitres of British Polo Double Spiced Rum.
3. Top up with 150 millilitres of Fever Tree ginger ale.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
The full range of British Polo Gin and British Polo Double Spiced Rum is available to buy online, with British Polo Gin offering free delivery on orders over £39.99.