Already home to Gloucestershire’s largest media team, which includes seven full-time journalists with a combined 101 years’ experience – SoGlos is now looking to establish a pool of exceptional freelance copywriters to support its continued growth.
Launched in 2007 by two county journalists on a mission to revolutionise regional media, SoGlos has grown to become Gloucestershire’s leading media brand.
Celebrating its 15-year anniversary in 2022, SoGlos showcases the county on a local, national and international scale – inspiring its monthly 265,000-strong audience to get the most from living in, working in and visiting Gloucestershire.
Through its website, newsletters and social media channels, SoGlos’s engaging content spans the most accessible business news in Gloucestershire, the hottest places to eat, drink and stay, iconic sports and independent schools, memorable days out, unmissable events, homes and properties, and much more – all exclusively crafted by a team of journalists.
About the role
• Researching and writing a wide variety of engaging lifestyle- and business-focused content marketing
• Writing for social media channels – specifically Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Proactively working with SoGlos’s in-house writers and Advertising Hub team to help deliver successful advertising campaigns
• Liaising with valued partners and PR teams
• Publishing and managing content through SoGlos’s CMS
• Exceptional writer with strong level of experience writing professionally, in an agency or media setting
• Experience working with commercial clients to provide an excellent service
• Excellent understanding of digital media and social media
• Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
• Passion for Gloucestershire
• Enthusiastic, quick learner with a can-do attitude
• Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail – including exceptional spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Confident on the phone and in person
This is a freelance position and we are looking to forge links with a small number of copywriters, with immediate and long-term opportunities available for the right applicants.
You must be based in or around Gloucestershire, and will be required to work alongside the SoGlos team from our Cheltenham HQ – with the opportunity for remote working longer-term.
Email SoGlos’s office manager, Tracey Gamble, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV / profile website, a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the role, links to your recent published work and details of your anticipated day rate.
The start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
We will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.