While many websites allow event promoters to directly upload event information – or will be happy to copy and paste information supplied – SoGlos is decidedly different.
On SoGlos all event listings are approved, and written, by the online magazine’s experienced journalists. This firm commitment to the highest editorial standards ensures SoGlos remains the most influential guide to Gloucestershire.
So while we warmly welcome event listing requests of all shapes and sizes, these guidelines have been established to help you understand what SoGlos’s journalists are looking for when deciding which events will make the cut – and how our event listing process works.
To be considered for a listing on SoGlos, events must:
- Take place in Gloucestershire or the surrounding area.
- Be open to members of the public (member-only events are not suitable for inclusion).
- Be lifestyle or business focused.
- Have widescale interest (village hall fairs and other small-scale events are not suitable for inclusion).
- Occur over a set timeframe (events which occur every week, such as regular classes or markets, are not suitable for inclusion).
- Take place in the real world (virtual events are not suitable for inclusion).
- Event information and pictures supplied to SoGlos must not infringe any copyright.
- Event descriptions will always be written by SoGlos’s journalists, and we are strictly unable to copy and paste promotional copy supplied by event organisers.
- Events taking place months or years in advance may not be considered for inclusion until closer to the event start date.
- Events which take place for more than one month will be included at the discretion of SoGlos. For art exhibitions, only the opening fortnight will be listed in SoGlos’s event calendars.
- Special offers do not constitute events on SoGlos.
- In order to maintain editorial integrity, we are unable to provide copy approval before event listings are published.
- All event listings are at the discretion of SoGlos.
Guidelines specific to enhanced event listings:
- The cost of an enhanced event listing covers the promotion of an event – i.e. priority approval; the inclusion of a picture, website link and email address; promotion in the online magazine’s events calendar; and guaranteed inclusion in the weekly email newsletter – but not the wording used for event descriptions. Event descriptions will always be written by SoGlos’s journalists, and we are strictly unable to copy and paste promotional copy supplied by event organisers.
- Event pictures supplied must be of a good quality – to be determined by SoGlos – and relevant to the respective event (logos are not suitable for inclusion).
- Enhanced event listings will be included within the weekly email newsletter once – in the issue which covers the week of the event start date. Or once in an earlier issue of the email newsletter, if requested at the time of booking.
- Enhanced event listings are independent of what SoGlos’s journalists choose to feature as ‘Editor’s choice’ events on the online magazine, and in the weekly email newsletter.
- The cost per enhanced event listing excludes VAT at the current rate.