SoGlos is one of the most successful independent local media brands in the UK, recently celebrating its 15 year anniversary and a totally new
Established in 2007 by two pioneering journalists, SoPublishing’s mission is to reinvent regional media and has grown to a dynamic team of experts in media, marketing, advertising, design and videography – based in a central Cheltenham HQ.
Best known for its flagship brand, SoGlos, the last 12 months have been a particularly exciting time of development – including the launch of a new business section and business awards – with ambitious plans for future growth and a milestone 15-year anniversary on the horizon.
Gloucestershire’s leading media brand, SoGlos is influential, targeted and trusted –
providing its readers and advertisers with a unique platform across its online magazine,
social media channels, weekly email newsletter and awards.
It reaches a large and established readership of 261,000 people a month: including aspirational young professionals, active parents, affluent over 50s and ambitious business leaders – who rely on SoGlos for inspiration on living in, working in and visiting Gloucestershire.
SoGlos’s engaging content spans the hottest places to eat, drink, shop and stay at, iconic sporting venues and independent schools, memorable days out, unmissable events and festivals, homes and gardens, luxury wedding venues and the most accessible business news in the county.
About the role
• Researching and writing a wide variety of engaging lifestyle- and business-focused content marketing and editorial
• Writing for social media channels – specifically Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn – while developing strategies to grow these audiences
• Proactively working with external clients and SoGlos’s Advertising Hub team to deliver successful advertising campaigns
• Liaising with clients and PRs over the phone, by email and in person
• Publishing and managing content through SoGlos’s CMS
• Subbing team members’ copy to ensure consistent house style, tone and voice
• Understanding SoGlos’s readers and hunting for great stories to engage them
• Exceptional writer with previous experience writing professionally
• Experience working with discerning clients to provide an excellent service
• Excellent understanding of digital media and social media
• Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
• Passion for Gloucestershire
• Enthusiastic, quick learner with a mature, can-do attitude
• Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Confident on the phone and in person
Salary and benefits
• Starting salary dependent on experience
• This is a full-time, permanent role
• Flexible working hours, and hybrid office/home working options
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
• Your birthday off
• An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
• In-house training and personal performance reviews
• Regular team get-togethers
• The chance to work with a fantastic team in our prestigious town centre HQ
• Not forgetting free fruit!
Email SoGlos’s office manager, Tracey Gamble, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the role.
The start date is as soon as possible and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
We will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.