SoGlos is recruiting for an ambitious and experience sales executive to join its Partnerships Hub team - with responsibility for driving advertising revenue across a range of sectors.
This is a unique chance to join a vibrant media company based in the heart of
Gloucestershire on Imperial Square in Cheltenham. You will be working closely with
a team of passionate and creative professionals in a positive environment to
celebrate the county and help our partners thrive.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
Identifying and winning new business opportunities: crafting compelling advertising campaign proposals, delivering presentations to senior management and overcoming objections
Meeting KPIs and hitting an individual sales target
Developing and growing strong relationships with partners across both business and lifestyle sectors
Effectively managing a busy diary of sales activity
Working to achieve the wider business strategies as part of a close-knit sales team
We are looking for someone who is / has:
- An ambitious sales person, with experience working in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Charismatic and pro-active self-starter who enjoys working on your own initiative; outgoing, personable and unwaveringly positive
- Able to remain calm under pressure, taking the initiative to find solutions to challenges
- Great organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage individual activity
- Good working knowledge of Gloucestershire across a range of sectors. Strong local business contacts would be a great advantage
- Ideally, experience in a similar sales role in the media, marketing, recruitment, technology, estate agency or professional services sector
- Knowledge of advertising, sponsorship and event sales would also be an advantage
- Proficient in embracing modern technologies – including CRMs, websites, social media platforms, Office 365 and SoGlos’s in-house proposal system
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary from £27,000 to £32,000, dependent on experience, plus commission. OTE of £50,000 per annum, uncapped.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid office / home working options
- In-house training, personal performance reviews and career progression opportunities
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- Regular #SoGlosSocial
Employment basis: Full-time, permanent (part-time also considered for the right candidate)
Email SoGlos’s office manager, Tracey Gamble, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the role.
The closing date for this role is 5pm on Friday 19 January 2024 and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
We will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.