Please note this position has now been filled.
SoGlos, Gloucestershire's leading media brand is on the hunt for an experienced social media and marketing manager to join the growing team.
About the role
- Planning and implementing social media-specific strategies
- Developing social media brand guidelines and workflows, while training Editorial Hub and Advertising Hub team members
- Daily management and forward planning of SoGlos’s busy social media channels
- Creating and scheduling highly engaging content across socials - including images, graphics, reels and videos
- Reporting on social media campaigns’ reach and engagement
- Monitoring and adapting strategies to ongoing social media algorithm changes and trends
- Developing and implementing SoGlos’s own marketing campaigns
- Developing and implementing campaigns to drive SoGlos membership numbers
- Assisting with the organisation of SoGlos events – including our flagship annual Lifestyle Awards and Business Awards
- This is a full-time, permanent role, but part-time will also be considered
- You live and breathe social media and have extensive, demonstrable experience using platforms to proactively grow audiences – primarily Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn – in addition to TikTok and Twitter
- You have experience creating engaging social media-focused content for a range of clients, possibly in a marketing agency setting
- You are a creative, confident and positive professional who takes a pride in the quality of your work
- You have excellent communication skills with meticulous attention to detail - including faultless spelling and grammar
- You are highly organised while also able to adapt quickly as part of a fast-paced working environment
- Experience using design tools such as Canva and Photoshop
- Experience delivering paid social media campaigns
- Experience devising and implementing marketing campaigns
- Experience working in events organisation
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary of £25,000 to £30,000 pro-rata, dependent on experience
- Being part of Gloucestershire’s leading media brand based in the heart of Cheltenham town centre
- The opportunity to develop and drive forward a brand new company role
- Working closely alongside a brilliant team of creative, enthusiastic professionals
- Positive, supportive culture and working environment
- Flexible working hours and hybrid office / home working options
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- Regular #SoGlosSocial team get-togethers
Email SoGlos’s office manager, Tracey Gamble, at email@example.com with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the role.
The start date is January 2023 and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
We will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.