SoGlos is looking for an exceptional staff writer / copywriter to join its Editorial Hub dream team.
About the role
- Includes researching and writing a wide variety of engaging lifestyle- and business-focused content marketing and editorial
- Writing for social media channels – specifically Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn – while developing strategies to grow these audiences
- Proactively working with partners and SoGlos’s Advertising Hub team to deliver successful campaigns
- Publishing and managing content through SoGlos’s CMS
- Subbing team members’ copy to ensure consistent quality
- Developing an understanding of SoGlos’s readers and hunting for great stories to engage them
- This is a full-time, permanent role, but part-time will also be considered
- You are an exceptional writer who can quickly embrace SoGlos’s fresh, positive and timely house style
- You have meticulous attention to detail with faultless grammar and spelling
- You are confident and have a positive attitude with excellent communication skills
- You are highly organised and adaptable within a fast-paced environment
- Ideally you have experience creating engaging social media and proactively growing audiences – primarily Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn – in addition to TikTok and Twitter
- SEO experience would be a bonus
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary of £22,000 to £25,000 pro-rata, dependent on experience
- Being part of Gloucestershire’s leading media brand based in the heart of Cheltenham town centre
- Working closely alongside a brilliant team of creative, enthusiastic professionals who really care
- Positive, supportive culture and working environment
- Flexible working hours and hybrid office / home working options
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- An additional day’s holiday for every year with the company
- In-house training and personal performance reviews
- Regular #SoGlosSocial team get-togethers
Email SoGlos’s office manager, Tracey Gamble, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short covering note about why you’re the perfect person for the role.
The start date is January 2023 and we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis, so please don’t delay in applying.
We will not be using a recruitment agency to fill this role.